Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Camping in the living room







The kids had so much fun last night! Shane set up our massive 8 person tent in our living room. My job was to keep the kids occupied and out of the way while the set up was taking place. We scooted the coffee table into another part of the house and put the couches up against the walls. That tent is huge! The kids were so excited they could barely function...Shane dragged their mattresses into the tent and we set them up for bedtime. They got their bedtime stories and night-time prayers. It looked like everyone was going to sleep in the tent all night. Gracie found us after they had been in there for about 15 minutes. She looked like she was going to cry and said that she was uncomfortable. We went to check on the rest of them and the boys said that they were uncomfortable too. (I think because Gracie was...) So after that, we packed everyone's mattresses back into bed and off to their own beds they went. After a good night's sleep, the tent is looking like the play area of choice for the day!



1 comment:

Ashley said...

There are way too many things to list that I love about you guys, but 5 came to mind while looking at these pics:
1. You set up a HUGE tent in your living room.
2. You moved the kids beds in there. (When we talked I was thinking sleeping bags, not mattresses!)
3. How beautiful Grace is. I mean really. That's girl is just gorgeous.
4. Gib is sleeping on the princess sheets. :)
5. You guys put their beds back together again. I would have totally made my girls sleep in there...at least for a few hours!