Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break 2012

We have had a restful Spring Break (for most of us). Grace has been sick nearly the entire break and Shane had to work for part of it. We have spent a lot of time playing with toys, being outside and just relaxing, but there has also been mayhem and adventure too. ;)

Daddy came home the other day and decided that things weren't quite crazy enough and that we haven't been to the hospital in a while, so he went about changing all of that. (Thankfully, no visits to the hospital.)

The boys went upstairs and dragged down a spare mattress and then they all got my laundry basket, headed up to the top of the stairs and the new favorite activity of Spring Break 2012 was born. They have ridden down the stairs over and over!
To ride straight from the top causes crashes every time, so Dad sits about three quarters of the way up and down they go.

One morning I organized a scavenger hunt. Armed with clipboards, pens, cameras, and a list of 20 things to find at the park, we headed off to one of our favorite parks. The prize was ice cream sundaes. (Of course everyone was a winner.)
Landry isn't in any of these pictures because she is stomping around behind the camera crying about how she wants to go home...why have I brought her here...etc....
Hayden was having a ball.
Landry finally decided that maybe she would participate and have a little fun.
The kids were looking for something blue, green, yellow, alive, round, square, smiling, etc... They were very intent.
I found something blue...
and yellow...
and definitely alive!
After we finished our hunt, we of course had to play in the water and run a bit.
Gib pulled off his shoes and started climbing rocks, right next to the sign that says "No Wading."
Hayden was having a blast right up to the moment that he cut his foot. When he saw that tiny trickle of blood he started to cry that he wanted to go home...why have I brought him here...etc.
The girls had a good time. I should have taken pictures of the ice cream sundaes! They were the best part!
While Dad was home, he and the boys were cleaning the pool filter and found these little guys. Meet Bandit and Pokey. Bandit is the one trying to climb out of the bowl. (He's always trying to escape.) Pokey...well, just sits there.
It's been a little while since we have had a snake or turtle, so we have adopted them into our little family.
They are really cute! Although, isn't everything in the miniature state?
This kid has turned 6! I don't even know how that happened! I keep thinking of him as being 4, but, as he reminds me constantly, he is not. He is already making plans for college. I wish that I was joking, but he really does talk about college all the time.

We had a really great family party day. He chose breakfast (donuts), a movie with the family (The Lorax), which translated to popcorn for lunch, and dinner (Fuzzy's Tacos - yes, we have one down here! How random!). His cake was strawberry shortcake and he got some pretty great gifts.
We have had a great Spring Break and we are now to Friday. Just this last day and then the weekend to get ready to head back to school. Summer time here we come! :)

2 comments:

kelli {kelliflores.com} said...

these are such cute pictures! looks like you guys had a fun week. I miss spring break :)

Rachel said...

love the scavenger hunt idea!!! i will have to try that with my guys ;) it looks like y'all are having fun down there! tell those mize kiddos ms. elder says, "wuzzzz up?!" ;) love y'all!