Once it was there, the airfield opened up for one night only and the citizens of the area descended upon it. And I do mean that. Thousands of people flooded in and out to catch one last glimpse of NASA history.
Gibson pleaded and begged and said things like, "I will never again have the opportunity to see this." "This is the last space shuttle of our life time." "Please, please, please!" I do have to say that he was very convincing.
Because of his persuasive skills, Shane loaded him in the car and they headed into the thing that my husband hates most in life - lines and huge crowds. That is what love will do to you.
Gibson was so happy and excited that he could hardly stand it. I love looking at these pictures because he is absolutely glowing in every one of them.
He made memories that he will never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment