Friday, December 14, 2012

Oh, so proud...

On the way home today we were talking about how everyone's day went. It seemed a little more eventful than normal.

Middle school has definitely been a transition at our house and not necessarily the easiest. Grace was going on and on about her day and then proceeded to tell me about how during PE the coach got in several girls' faces and was screaming at them and then the principal came in and had to talk to their entire class because apparently, while in the locker room the girls were "pantsing" each other. Because of the screaming and noise, the principal showed up. At this point, of course I laughed.

"Everyone was doing it and getting pantsed." she said.

"Everyone?" I asked. "Did you?"

"Oh no," she answered right back.

"What exactly were you doing to miss out on that?"

"Well, I was playing the limbo in the back."

And that right there folks, is why 6th graders should be banned from humanity until they regain their sanity.

Then Hayden chimes in, "We were playing a new game today. They were already playing so I just tagged along."

He and his little buddies decided to take a bite out of nature. Literally. They had a taste test to see which of the following items was the most tasty. On the menu: grass, acorns, and flowers. None of them were kid approved. Their teacher informed them that a dog could have tee-tee-ed all over all of it. I don't think they really cared.

On another note, Landry has stayed on green and had excellent behavior for 10 full school days in a row. That completely coincides with the arrival of our Elf on the Shelf, Elfie. Before Elfie showed up, her behavior folder read like a novel. Here's to hoping that this new leaf will stay turned over!

No comments: