We woke up a little late after our jam packed activity of the day before. I took a screen shot to show how far we had traveled. I was missing my kids just a bit.;)
We kicked off our day with brunch from Dixie Bakery and Supply Cafe. (We ate breakfast there the day before. It was that good!) Seriously, the BEST cinnamon roll that I have had. Ever.
I also decided to try what I had changed my mind about the day before. I did not go wrong with peaches and cream pancakes. They were delicious! I also added an order of crab cakes. Those were out of this world!
Shane had a chicken biscuit sandwich with eggs. Really, there's not much better in life than a good biscuit.
I just can't get over the beauty of the houses, streets, and shutters.
After stuffing our bellies, we drove over to The Citadel. It is a military school that feeds into all of the branches of the military.
Because of it being summer the campus was pretty empty. The parade grounds were impressive and there were full size tanks, jets, and helicopters surrounding the grounds. It was interesting to look around.
After looking over a map, we decided to go exploring past Mt. Pleasant and see what we could find. We were not disappointed. We drove to an area called Isle of Palms. First of all, the neighborhoods were unreal. We were able to park in a secluded area near some houses and find this little public access path to the beach.
Just one of the houses. Love the color!
And then over a little hill...
And then the beach!
We parked ourselves here for the rest of the afternoon. It was glorious. We found two beach chairs and an umbrella and I have to say it felt like paradise. Some napping happened...
I found lots of shells. I never could find a whole sand dollar.
Just watching the waves...
After lounging on the beach until nearly dark, we decided that we should find some dinner. We passed this lighthouse.
We went to a place on Sullivan's Island called Home Team BBQ for dinner. It did not disappoint! Shane had ribs, mac and cheese and red rice. He was not a fan of the red rice (it's everywhere there), but everything else was delicious!
I had the pulled pork sandwich with slaw and a side of cucumbers and tomatoes. I have been eating cucumbers and tomatoes ever since we have been back!
The restaurant itself was one of the most fun memories of the trip. They had live music with a great band (one of the guys had a trombone), people were dancing, drinks were great, and a relaxed party atmosphere.
It was a great ending to a very relaxing day.















No comments:
Post a Comment