Instead of planning big birthday parties for our kids, we let them invite a couple of friends for an activity, we pick them up, feed them, take them to whatever it is that we are doing and then deliver them home. It works out really well in that we don't have a lot of expense for a large party, they still get to hang out with their friends, and the parents don't have to come. It's a win win for everyone!
(Grace with her friends at lunch)
After our previous weekend, Grace decided that she wanted to go rock climbing for her birthday. (see the previous post) We took her and her friends to eat lunch and then went to a rock climbing place for the afternoon. I don't know what I expected, but I was really surprised by the hard core atmosphere of this place. It was located in a warehouse with at least 20 ft ceilings. The rock climbing stuff went all the way to the ceilings with some of the hooks and climbing stuff on the ceilings. There was no heating or air so thankfully it was a comfortable afternoon. When we got there, all of the adults present were outfitted with harnesses and we then spent the rest of the afternoon belaying girls up and down the walls. I was really impressed with Grace! She climbed those walls like a little monkey and had absolutely no fear. Her little friends did an awesome job as well and everyone agreed that they definitely wanted to come back!
No fear!
Right up the wall...
Grace and her bff.



2 comments:
I'm with you! I can not believe she's 8! Aack! Where did the time go? I drove past a recently closed Buns Over Texas on Sunday and was immediately thinking about your wedding, and I'd swear it was just a year or two ago. Man, oh man.
Happy belated birthday to Grace! I remember you and Shane dating, and the wedding (obviously) and all that was the beginning of your family and then the news that Grace was on the way... What a treat to see how well you and Shane have done with what God has blessed you with.
I remember the first time I got to hold baby Grace! She was the tiniest little thing! Hard to believe that much time has gone by. Too fast!
Post a Comment