Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I cried...



This last summer, Grace started asking lots and lots of questions about God, heaven, and Jesus and what it meant to have Him live in your heart. Her Sunday school had a special class for her age group that helped to answer a lot of the questions, but we talked about it alot this last summer. She said a couple of times that she prayed to ask Jesus into her heart, but she wasn't sure if He did. Finally, towards the end of the summer she came to me one day and informed me that she had prayed and she thought it was her best prayer yet, and this time Jesus had come into her heart. We, of course, were thrilled! At our church, children have to be 8 years old in order to be baptized. This is to make sure that they are mature enough to realize the weight and importance of their decision. So, with Grace's birthday, we met with Miss Laura, our children's minister, and she went through the pre-baptismal counseling. She was baptized this last weekend at church. We were so happy to be able to share the day with so many friends and family. I was surprised at myself. I didn't cry when she started kindergarten or 1st grade, but I boo-hooed when she was baptized. It was a special day for all of us and one that I hope and pray that she never forgets. There is no better place to be than the palm of our Saviour and my prayer is that she will continue to grow and mature in her relationship with Him.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm with you. I'm never sentimental about the kid things. But, any time we have these talks and I see in her eyes that she "gets it," that's what gets to me. The idea that I will one day share my love of God with my children and that I can pass that on to them, is much more touching than anything superficial like graduations and such. What a blessing..

House said...

How great!

Ashley said...

I am so very excited and wish we could have been there. I want to hug that sweet girl of yours!

Lauren said...

Hannah-
The picture with bro. Mike took my breath away. It is so beautiful. What a wonderful moment for you.