Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hayden's new hair


For those of you that know Hayden, this is his hair. He loves it and has always wanted it long. He has a strong sense of his own style and we haven't argued with his preference. He also HATES going to get it cut. I finally started taking him to my stylist, because she didn't mind if he cried and she did a good job. He is the kid that when we are finished the other patrons give a huge sigh of relief.

Gibson got his typical close cut bur the other day and Hayden walked in and said, "I want a hairtut like Dibson!" After we picked our jaws off the floor, we said "Ok!"

Dad started the haircut and Hayden was freaking out like he normally does and then we had a breakthrough! Dad had some words with him man to man and told him it was time to grow up and be a big boy. I was so proud of Hayden. For the first time, he listened and made the decision to act like a big kid. He stopped crying, he was still, and he acted like a big kid! When that haircut was finished, he was walking a little taller and standing proud. Thank you lord for a godly, strong husband to lead my boys into manhood.

This was only a small portion of all that hair. It is thick!

He was so proud of himself.

I swear he looks 10!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my! I cannot believe the hair is gone!! Wow.

House said...

Holy cow! He looks just like Gibson with his new 'do!

Kelli said...

it doesn't even look like him!! i love it, what a handsome boy