Saturday, June 26, 2010

There are no words...

When the movie, Couples Retreat, came out this year, I laughed and laughed. It wasn't as well received from everyone else, but that has not stopped me from getting some good laughs. I laughed because I can relate. There is one particular scene that Shane and I have quoted back to each other on various occasions. Vince Vaughn, as the father, has taken one of his kids to the home improvement store and they are shopping for tile with his wife. She asks for his opinion, he turns around and takes his eye off of his kid for two shakes, and when they hear the store employee clear his throat, they turn around to see their child peeing in a store display of a toilet. Vince Vaughn apologetically looks at the employee, grabs his kid and says, "There are no words..."

We have been there several times...

Yesterday was another of those times. Grace and Gib decided they wanted to stay home from day camp, but were starting to get a little bored. I loaded everyone up and headed to the library. Everyone had gotten their books and we were headed to the front. Landry was bringing up the rear. I piled all of the books onto the counter to check out and I turned around for Landry's book, only to find that she had ditched her book for a Disney princess magazine that she had found. She was adoringly looking at the princesses on the front and repeatedly saying, "Mine. This is mine." Unfortunately, the magazines aren't available to check out. Try explaining that to a two year old. I did and it didn't go very well. As a matter of fact, she started screaming and decided that if she couldn't have it, neither was anyone else as she ripped the cover right off the magazine. Thankfully, the librarian was really nice as I apologetically gathered my brood and scooped up my screaming child while saying to myself, "There are no words..."

No comments: