Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gib is 7!

This boy is 7! I cannot even believe it! It seems like it was not that long ago that Shane was taking a May-mester class and I went into labor during the first day of classes. I couldn't reach him, and had to call the secretary of the building that he was in to go get him so that he could take me to the hospital, since he had our one car. Gracie stayed with friends all day and they were so sweet to bring her to the hospital at the end of the day. It was a really wonderful day.

Gib was super excited about his birthday this year and has been running through party options since January. He decided to invite two friends and his brother and sister (melt my heart!) to his party. We brought his friends home from school for a sleepover and pizza and then we were off to Legoland the next day.
Of course, at the house we had to play with Buttercup (last year's birthday present). Everyone had a great time holding her and Gibson had fun showing her off. They were braver than me!
We got up Saturday morning for breakfast and then were off to Legoland. I didn't realize just how many kids we had with us until I snapped this picture. Of course, I forgot the tickets in the car and had to run back to get them! They were all walking in front of me and looked so cute. We were doing the buddy system to keep all of us together.
Legoland was lots of fun and lived up to the hype. Everything in there is, of course, made out of Legos. This truck was quite impressive. They had a miniature of Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington all out of Legos as well. We rode a couple of rides, took in a 4D Lego movie, built a bunch of race cars, and generally had a great time.Even the cones were made of Legos...
Inside a huge, pink princess castle full of blue, white and pink Legos was where Landry found her calling. There was a karaoke machine set up complete with a microphone, stage and screens. Landry sang for FOREVER!!!

"I love you...Yes I do...You know it's true...Ohh oh oh..."

Everyone had a great time and Gib enjoyed his day!

No comments: