Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Sparrow Fund

May is here and I am so excited to tell you about a project that I am a part of this month. You can be too! My dear friend Ashley and her family, have long had a heart for adoption. After years of preparing and saving, they were able to bring home their beautiful daughter, Kate, from China, to join their family this last summer. She is wonderful and their family has been blessed by her as much as she has been blessed by them. Kate has been their little miracle.

This family wants to help other families to spread the same love to needy children. Adoption can be expensive. In the case of children like Kate, sometimes there are medical needs and expenses involved that make this process even more costly. The Sparrow Fund is an organization that has been started to help families with this cost and to insure that these little children are loved and cherished by a wonderful family.

Now I'm getting to how YOU can help! :) For the month of May, there are 31 vendors that are donating 10% of their profits to The Sparrow Fund. Banana Hannah Designs is also a part of this venture. I would love for you to visit my website and purchase items that will be contributed to this very special venture. I, personally, love to shop and know that my purchases are helping others in need and truly making a difference. Check out my website and take a look around the others' as well! Here is a link to the other vendors that are involved. I think that I may be doing a little shopping myself! Don't tell Shane. ;)

This could be a Mother's day, shower, birthday, etc. card. Just add instructions for what you want it to say inside.
Who can resist such a sweet hello? The sentiment could also be changed to "thank you" and make really cute thank you cards for graduation gifts.

If you need gift ideas for the month of May:

Mother's day
Father's day
Graduation - monogrammed cards and thank yous
Baby shower invites
Bridal shower invites
End of the year teacher gifts
The list goes on...

Happy shopping!

No comments: