Poor Gibby. My poor son has one of the most sensitive hearts that I know and he feels loss and happiness and emotion in general much more than the rest of our children.
Every day for the last week, when we have gotten home, he has immediately headed to the backyard and gone digging for Buttercup. I have been concerned that him seeing the snake in a continually deteriorating state, could be more detrimental than her dying and us burying her in the first place. Then, another part of me has wanted to let him explore and discover nature on his own, without me constantly intruding upon his learning.
Last night, during our prayer before dinner, I finally had an "aha" moment. He was praying, and ended his prayer with the request that Buttercup would be ready and waiting for him in heaven when he gets there. At first, I was struck with how sweet, and how full of faith his request was, and then the "aha" hit me. He has been digging her up everyday because he is waiting for her to be taken to heaven. He has been checking to make sure that she made it. A couple of days ago, he came in and said that he couldn't find her. In his mind, she finally went. The difference between the body and the soul is 100 percent escaping him.
2 comments:
awww sweet gibby! that's too cute.
Did "God" move the snake omanother portion of the yard?? Or did she .... go on her own will???
Post a Comment