We have hit the part of the summer that are the growing pains leading back up to the school year. If you are home with kids, then you know what I am talking about. We have hit up most of the little activities that we had planned, we have read lots of books, we have vegged out in front of the TV probably more than we should, we have played outside as much as possible and now it is HOT and HUMID, lots of crafts have been completed, and the kids start to get antsy. My husband insists that this is an important part of childhood. (I know that he is right. He just isn't the one that is having to deal with this important part of childhood, as he is at work.) Kids have to have the ability to find themselves bored and come up with something to do on their own, without me having to be the party planner and structure their day for them. (I'm sitting at the computer giving myself a pep talk as my kids are going through their little pains. Technology time is over for the day and I sent them all to play, and thankfully, I can hear them starting some little game. It just took them a minute to get there.)
Ok, little boredom rant aside...
I have been trying to find little things to do to get us out of the house and our yard and that are FREE. Not only free, but very little gas to get there. One of our local parks has this fun little splash pad and we have hit it up several times. I sit on a bench and work on my tan and the kids run around like little crazies and wear themselves out.
Here's to fighting boredom! What are you doing this summer?
No comments:
Post a Comment