This is our second 4th of July in our new home. I guess we are getting to the point that I can't really call it "our new home" any more. Shane was working for part of the day since his department puts on our city celebration. We hung out in the morning and we cooked hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch (my favorite part of summer - food!). Then he took off to save the world and we headed for the park and all of the fun.
There was a new snow cone vendor this year that was amazing. They were actually snow balls. (Ashley, that was just for you!) The kids were in love with them. Gibson got his signature green. His teeth, lips and tongue were a lovely shade for the rest of the night.
Landry and Hayden enjoyed theirs as well.
The parks department handed out cowboy hats to all of the kids as they were arriving. I have to say that I may just have had the cutest cow people there. I made the mistake of telling Gibson how cute he was and that hat never graced his head again. One of these days, I am going to learn to keep my mouth shut with that one.
After snowballs, my little cowboy tried his hand at the mechanical bull. He did not make it 8 seconds. Thankfully, he didn't cry when he got knocked off. I was bracing myself.

After all of that fun, we were ready to sit still and watch some fireworks. It was an excellent show and we oohhed and ahhed enough for the whole town.
Following fireworks, traffic on the way home, etc., we had late night. I was pleased as punch that these guys slept in the next day and then moved veerryy slowly the next morning. We did a little of this... and a lot of just lying around to rest up for our next adventure. :)

My little cowboy and cowgirl also got to ride the ponies. Landry hollered, "Yeehaw!" and gave me a thumbs up every time she came around.
No comments:
Post a Comment