The first day of school is a process, especially for a teacher's family. Summer has been over for us since about the first week of August. We still had fun and laid around, but there was also lots of time spent at the school working in my classroom getting it ready for the new year. Fortunately, my kids have great imaginations, I have lots of great props in my room, and they actually really enjoyed going to the school to work. This was one of the massive forts that was built. There were lots.
The dogs on the other hand have not been happy to not have us around all the time. When I get home, they are stuck to my hip. I was making dinner in the kitchen and they were just hanging out, watching.
I have been very fortunate to have sisters that have been able to come down and stay with the kids during the week plus of teacher inservice days that occur before the kids head back to school. Aunt Esther made it down this year and we were happy to have her help out.
The weekend before school started Uncle Graham and Aunt Bekah also came down for some fun family time. The boys had the best time playing video games with Uncle Graham and going to see The Guardians of the Galaxy.
We girls were all headed to the grocery store. I had to stock up for the coming week! We also had a good time doing some shopping.
The first day of school finally arrived and Grace had to be at the school at 6:30 a.m. for volleyball tryouts. She and I got up and headed out early as I had to be at school pretty early as well. Dad was in charge of getting everyone else out the door.
Look at those grown up kids!
Gibson, 4th grade.
Landry, 1st grade.
Hayden, 3rd grade.
Grace, 8th grade.
By the way, after three days of tryouts, Grace did make the volleyball team for the year. We are very proud of all of our little students and are looking forward to a jam packed and productive year!








1 comment:
They all have gotten so big! Can't believe Graceann is an 8 th grader
Post a Comment