Monday, October 6, 2014

The Home of the Brave

For a music teacher, the holiday season begins in September. All of my classes have been immersed in patriotic music for Veteran's Day since right after the first couple weeks of school. My choir has been working on our holiday musical for at least three weeks. The holidays are on the brain!

I have sung The Star Spangled Banner at least a thousand times since September. (That song is a little on overload for me at the moment.) We were headed home after the school the other day and Landry pipes up from the back of the car, "Hey! We need to find the home of the brave."

"What?" I asked.

"You know. The 'Home of the Brave.' It has to be around here somewhere."


"Oh, right." She had just been in music that day. "You know that the 'Home of the Brave' is all of America. The song is talking about our whole country."

"Well, that's the silliest thing that I have ever heard!"

No comments: