Monday, August 25, 2008

Saturday Rides



Olivia (Shane's programmer and my friend!) and I have been riding our bikes every Saturday morning all summer. We ride the Trinity Trails and either head in the direction of downtown or out to Benbrook Lake. We usually ride around 20 miles and try to make it in about two hours. We meet at 6 am to beat the heat. We have seen some really pretty scenery in the morning and some interesting things! Last weekend, Olivia slowed down on the trail in front of me as a skunk ran across the trail. Our biggest gripe on the trail are the bugs in the morning! They get in our ears, eyes, and mouth and generally make us miserable! A couple of weeks ago, I had a pretty spectacular crash and was a complete baby as all of my cuts and bruises healed. We've had lots of fun and has been a great way to get in shape. We are going to ride the Cowtown Classic in a couple of weeks. Olivia is convinced that we can make it 40 miles. I'm pulling for the 20! I'll keep you posted...
Here is a view of downtown in the morning. It's alot prettier in person...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's awesome! I'm impressed.

Katie said...

Umm...you never took me cycling when I was Shane's programmer! The pictures took me back to all those really hot, shadeless runs I did along the Trinity...

Stephanie said...

We were discussing this as a family venture last night so I have to ask if you've ever tried one of those trailers for the kids?

Ashley said...

20 miles!!???! Holy *&%@$!

I promise to be your athletic supporter.