Now that it is light outside later into the evening, the kids have headed for the backyard everyday when we get home from school. They usually tumble around on the trampoline, ride their little bikes and just play in the backyard. Anyway, the other night while I was cooking dinner, I kept thinking that I was hearing the water running somewhere. I finally checked in the backyard and as I stepped out the backdoor, I found Landry completely soaked from the waist down and covered in mud.
Gibson was right there with her. They were filling containers with water and then carting them to different places in the yard and dumping them out. I'm not sure the point of the game, but they were having a grand time! My first instinct was to holler at them both and ask what they thought they were doing?! Thankfully, that reaction was quickly squelched with the reminder that they are both kids, water is terribly fun, and really they weren't hurting anything. So, they made a big mess in the backyard, got lots of mud everywhere, and enjoyed their evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment