Well, I am thrilled to announce that we have had some big awards handed out at our house!
I am so proud of Shane. At the beginning of the summer, he applied for a national fellowship from the National Parks and Recreation Association. It was for young professionals under 30 and would cover registration and provide a stipend to the national conference held in Salt Lake City, Utah this October. (This is a pretty hefty prize financially.) It also allows for the winner to be paired with an experienced mentor and some other professional perks while at the conference. Well...Shane won it! He was the only one selected from the southwest region including Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. I am very proud of him!
Today, I found out that a grant that I had submitted at the end of last school year was selected and awarded. I am very excited! The grant will allow us to provide bus transportation for students participating in UIL competitions this coming fall. Every year we have students and parents that want their kids to participate in UIL, and are unable to because of transportation. I am excited to say that shouldn't be a factor this year! Bring on the year!
2 comments:
Yahoo! Congrats, Y'all! I could add a few more awards to those like, Best Hamburger EVER!- Shane. We are still dreaming of those.... And Best Guest Helper- Hannah! Thanks for all your help with the meal and the kids...It was like I was at your house not the other way around. We enjoyed your visit so much. It was much needed and we can't wait to get together again soon! Love y'all!
Congratulations to both of you! For all you do, you deserve these great things and more to bless your life! :)
Post a Comment