Friday, August 28, 2009

Give me wisdom...

At times, being a teacher on campus is really wonderful. Everyone knows my kids and me, parents and teachers alike, and sometimes this is a good thing and sometimes not so good. Yesterday, a parent of one of Gibson's classmates approached me and said that she had a funny story. (I cringed.) She started telling me that her daughter has come home the last two days telling her that a boy in her class has been trying to kiss her on the playground during recess. While walking into class with her mom that morning, the little girl pointed to my son and said, "That's him! That's the one!" Later that day on the way home, I asked Gib, "Do you like a girl at school? Have you been trying to kiss a girl at recess?" He rolled his eyes at me as though that was the silliest question ever and answered, "Of course not Mom! Why would I try to kiss someone I don't even know?!" Of course! Why would I ever ask a question like that?! Then he added, "I kissed a girl last year and bit someone. Not this year!"

(He later told me that he was trying to ask a girl a question, but she kept running away from him. Being five is lots of fun!)

No comments: