Landry has been on a roll. She doesn't do things to necessarily get herself in trouble, she is just busy. I walked in on her a minute ago and she had gotten hold of three rolls of wrapping paper and unrolled ALL of it on the floor in the guest room. While I was re-rolling and cleaning up the torn bits, I found her in the hallway eating the rest of Gracie's M&Ms. There will be some screaming when Grace finds that one!
Landry has been suffering from a bit of insomnia. (How I don't know, she is full of energy all the time! You would think that she would need some sleep!) The other night, she got up in the middle of the night and roamed around for awhile before I found her. She had gotten out several juice packs, found snacks and dragged all kinds of toys into our room. Yesterday, she woke up with me at 5 am and wouldn't go back to sleep. I let her get up and turned on some cartoons for her while I went to take a shower. When I came back, everything seemed to be normal. About 6:30, I walked over to our very nice iMac computer (the one nice thing that we have), and noticed with great alarm that there was black marker graffiti all over the screen, the keyboard, desk and the printer paper. Next to the computer, with the cap off, was a Sharpie marker. (great horror!) I immediately started screaming for Shane and ran to grab the windex. A very small amount of the marker came off. Shane was trying to say that maybe it wouldn't be too bad as he pulled up the screen and the white background showed off the black markings that weren't going anywhere. I was so furious that I started crying. Shane says that I flopped around and threw a fit, but I know that I more composed than that. ;) While I was busy throwing my fit and ranting about how we can't have anything nice around here, Shane googled "removing marker from my computer." Come to find out, nail polish remover takes it right off. The keyboard will forever be marked, but the screen was saved. For those of you wondering if the nail polish remover would damage the screen, it didn't. At that point, we were looking at either damaging the screen with the remover, or replacing the screen.
I think that God blessed us with Landry to show us that after three kids and thinking that we might be ok parents, we don't have this parenting thing down and that no child is the same! Please pray that I stay sane...
No comments:
Post a Comment