Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Monkey Bears

Well, it is that time of year again. Baseball. T-ball, actually.

Shane came in a few weeks back and was telling me that it was almost time to sign up for t-ball. The next day, Gibson was telling me how he was "missing the guys on the field." So, he is on the Monkey Bears (keep in mind that a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds picked the team name.) team and we have had a couple of games.

This last weekend I was on my own since Shane was working. I told Grace that I was going to need her to babysit and she came through in the clutch. She brought bubbles and other little activities and did a fantastic job. The coaches daughter was out there too, so Grace watched all of them.

She had them all lined up several times. It was very cute.

Here are my two cheese balls...

This was Gib at his at bat. His swing was not that enthusiastic and he missed it a couple of times before finally making contact.

He took a turn at catcher.

I got the mom of the year award with his shirt. We were running a little late (what's new?) getting ready for his game and I was afraid that we would be late. I ran in his room and grabbed the yellow shirt hanging in his closet and didn't realize until we got there with the rest of his team, that I grabbed his soccer shirt, not his t-ball shirt. The team colors are gold, not the bright yellow that he is wearing. My image conscious son was a little peeved with me. Oh well, maybe next time...

No comments: