This was Gibson's target box for his bow and arrows. It is no longer...
Because that dog is not mine, (why is it that we as parents think that we need to provide our children with a dog?) I immediately went and found his two oldest owners, armed them with trash bags, and sent them to take care of their charge.
Grace kept asking why they were being punished. By the time that they were finished, she wouldn't even look at Jones and she locked him in the garage for awhile.
Gibson felt bad for Jones and kept telling him that it was ok and asking if he could give him a treat. I'm just glad that the kids are getting big enough to clean up after the dog and that I don't have to do it all the time!
After they got all of that cleaned up, Gib got in his uniform and we were off for the ball field. I have kissed my dreams of having a little MLB player goodbye. Gibson is only on the team for the snack. After the game was over (they got killed by the way. The other team was like a major league team. They knew what to do with the ball, they were organized. Meanwhile, our team was rolling around on the ground, taking off their gloves and slapping the ground and picking their noses.), Gibson informed me that he didn't really want the snack. He really wanted a snowcone. He had seen another kid get one from the ice cream cart. The kid with the snowcone was standing behind home plate while Gib was catching and Gib got so caught up in watching the kid chomp his snowcone, that the umpire had to tell him to turn back around and focus on the game. We went in search of the ice cream cart that had magically disappeared. We had to settle for a slurpee.
After the ball game, Shane and I met some friends for lunch at the Yucatan Taco Stand. Talk about some yummy food! Shane has eaten there before, and I had wanted to try it for awhile. It was wonderful.
My iPhone had died, so we headed to the Apple store to see what they could do for it. Come to find out, there was water damage to the phone and it was completely ruined. I am convinced that one of my many children did something to it. We have bought an indestructible case for the new one.
On a happier note, Hayden did number 2 in the potty for the first time tonight!!!! Do you hear the crowds roaring?!!!! Dad took him to get a prize and he told everyone in the store that he was a big boy and he poo-pooed in the potty. Here's to many more gifts in the potty!
Tomorrow, we have a gymnastics meet and we are about to do fruit-basket turnover with the kid's rooms. I'm tired just thinking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment