Monday, October 18, 2010

The Night Furies

The male role of chasing the girl is something that is built into our little men and a skill that they develop so early!
Gib was telling me about this great game that he and his siblings were playing in the backyard and he was asking me if I could teach it to his class during music time. I responded that it sounded like a great game, but not really a music game. I suggested that he should teach it to his friends during recess and they could all play it together then. That's when I was told about "The Night Furies." After my suggestion, he informed me that they were busy at recess.
"With what?" I asked.
"The boys have to keep their eyes on the girls."
"What?!"
"Yeah, we're The Night Furies."
Evidently, The Night Furies, are a boys-only group whose only purpose is to chase the girls in their class. When they catch them, they yell "AHHH!" at them and then run off to chase the next one.
Very funny...reminds me of a club that Shane had in elementary: The He-Man Woman-Hater Club.

No comments: