Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No time...

I am a big fan of lists. I make lists for everything and everywhere. I have a certain sense of accomplishment when I can cross something off of it. But, on the other hand, sometimes my lists can really stress me out. I get so focused on trying to cross things off, that I don't enjoy anything that I'm doing.

A while back, one of my friends did a blog post about her lists and that sometimes the important things are the things that don't make the list. She then listed all of the important things that she had accomplished that hadn't been on her list. I am going to take a cue from her. Here is my completed list of accomplishments this week:

1. Have read several books to Hayden and Landry.
2. Have been able to read a couple of chapters in a book for ME!
3. Finally cooked a pumpkin so that I can puree it and use it for a pie.
4. Have made dinner every night this week.
5. Kept up with all of Gib's homework this week.
6. Folded and put away ALL of the laundry off of the couch.
7. Have worked out twice this week.
8. Finally found a little time to record a smidgen of our life on our blog! :)

2 comments:

texasmacks said...

love your post...we are so hard on ourselves for what we HAVEN'T accomplished. Good for you!

Momma B. said...

Gotta keep it in perspective! Love you, girl!
You are waayyyy more productive than me on ANY given day....not that we should compare ourselves but I'm just sayin'!
You forgot to list worked all week, got everyone to school, kept kids clean and fed.....
;)