Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

This is a busy time of year for our family and for a music teacher! Gibson and the whole first grade had their annual Thanksgiving program a couple of weeks ago. Gibson was an Indian man. All of the 1st grade was divided into Indian men, Indian women, pilgrim men and women, ministers and turkeys. Gibson had a speaking part and did a fantastic job. His poem:

Thanksgiving Thoughts
Mom is in the kitchen,
And when I take a look,
I'm glad I'm not the turkey
That she's about to cook!

He did a great job and spoke clearly and straight into the microphone. I was very proud. They sang some songs, had some speaking parts, and did a little play. They performed for a packed house and I was happy to tick a good program off the list for this holiday season. :)

No comments: