Saturday, December 11, 2010

All I want for Christmas is a little more energy!

This month has been one of changes (I'll have to post later about that), lots of activities and busyness, and me trying to stay sane!

Last weekend, we barely had time to breathe between having to be at the school in the morning, taking Grace to a meet that afternoon, directing my choir at the town parade that night and then bringing home two extra children for a sleepover. Sunday wasn't much better.

All this last week I held my annual fundraiser in my classroom. It's called Candy Cane Lane and is a Christmas store where the students can come and shop for their family and friends and get their gifts wrapped to put under the tree when they get home. The kids love it and so do I because it funds my program every year, but it is EXHAUSTING! Along with that during the day, we had extra piano lessons, gymnastics pictures, and a science fair project this last week. By the time that we got to Friday, I was nearly done in... So much so that I turned my undies and socks pink by not paying attention to what I was throwing into the washer.

I am hoping that this next week will be a little more quiet and I can get some Christmas pictures in along with baking and enjoying the holidays with my little ones. Landry is having so much fun with Christmas this year and talks about lights, presents and Santa all the time! I am enjoying the holidays even though they are busy. I am determined to take a few breathers this week. Enjoy yours as well!

No comments: