Monday, December 27, 2010

S'mores Wars

At our house we love a good dessert. We were watching The Best Thing I Ever Ate on Food Network and then went to fix dinner and Shane got inspired. Grace was having a s'more for her dessert. I like to make them in the oven because the chocolate melts really well and the marshmallow toasts just right. I layer the chocolate and marshmallow on one half of the graham cracker and and toast it in a 400 degree oven until the marshmallow is brown and golden. As soon as the concoction comes out, top the s'more with the other half of the cracker and voila!

Shane decided that the tried and true way needed to be spiced up a bit. His challenge was on. It was like a Throwdown with Bobby Flay! He took his graham cracker and layered it with a full Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and then sprinkled a pinch of salt over the cup before layering his marshmallow over the top. He toasted it in the oven at 400 degrees until his marshmallow was golden, and topped it with the other half of the cracker. I really wanted to say that mine was better, but the peanut butter with the chocolate and the little bit of salt really won me over. I think that his way might be better, as much as it pains me to say it.
This one was his. Delicious!
Here's mine. I should have left the marshmallows a tad longer. I like them a little more squishy than that. These were still delicious. Both of them definitely hit the spot!

1 comment:

texasmacks said...

That looks so yummy. I have a super yummy recipe with chocolate, p.b., and some salt. You'll love that's so easy.

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/new-recipes/candy-dipped-peanut-butter-ritz-sandwiches.html

I used chocolate almond bark instead of vanilla. I couldn't stop eating htem.