Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sprinkles, Frosting and Cake!

During the school year, we treat ourselves to donuts every Friday morning. It's our little reward for having made it to the end of another week. This summer, we haven't missed the donuts much, but every now and then, someone will mention that it has been awhile since we have had a donut and we will have to go and get one. One morning, the donuts were mentioned, and I had the bright idea to just make cupcakes instead. The dietary value is the same. :)

I got Grace in the kitchen and she made the batter for the cupcakes and we put them in the oven. Then we made frosting and pulled out the sprinkles. I gave each kid a cake, a little bowl of frosting and a butter knife to spread their frosting and we were off. It made for a fun morning.

2 comments:

texasmacks said...

I hope my Landry is as cute as yours! Love the cupcakes. We do donut Friday too! Are you teaching in the fall?

Bron said...

Cute idea! I love that it was so random and the kids loved it! You are a fun mom Hannah:)