Monday, June 10, 2013

First and Last Day 2012-13

Here was the first day of this last school year.

It was still dark outside, so we had to take the picture inside before we left. As usual, Landry was being her fantastically jovial self when it's time to take a picture.

The kids were exhausted after a summer of sleeping in and then being jolted back to reality with a 6 a.m. wakeup and 6:30 a.m. leave time. I had a gallon of coffee before we got to school.
During this school year we have accomplished SO MUCH!

The older three are all moving on to 7th, 3rd and 2nd grades. Landry is going to repeat kinder. Her August 31st birthday didn't do her a whole lot of favors. While there was great progress, another year won't hurt her. Thankfully, she's tiny and just now looks like she should be a kindergartner.

We have participated in field days, awards ceremonies, tests, programs and performances, lots of playtime with friends at recess, packing up all of our classrooms and moving to a new campus mid-year (that was a big one, folks!), schmoozing with the cafeteria ladies (That is Gibson's favorite past-time. He has those ladies wrapped around his pinky finger.), and just generally living big.
Before we hopped in the car for our last day, I made them all come and pose for a picture. I would say "smile," but not everybody did (Landry.) I think that she is squeezing out a "cheese" between clenched teeth.

This summer feels a little different for me. Before every past summer that I can remember with the kids, I have had all of my museum passes lined up, have researched all of the great "kid-friendly" things to do in our area, filled out a calendar, and have generally had a plan. This summer I am going to be the "mom bum."

I have no plans.

No agenda.

We are going to VBS in July. Grace is going to church camp in July. That's it.

Our big goal is to make sure that everyone gets their teeth brushed twice a day. I think that I may have set the bar really high...

No comments: