Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sister Weekend 2013

The highlight of my summer, so far, has been Sister Weekend 2013. 

I am the oldest of 8 kids (for those who may not know), and there are 5 girls and 3 boys in our family. Dan married, so that adds another sister, Naomi. 

This last weekend, we were able to get all of the girls together for a very fun filled, and fast, trip. They all came to our house and we swam in the pool, lounged at the beach, shopped along The Strand in Galveston, ate LOTS of food, and just generally had a great time. This is a must-do for each summer, I think.

As usual, I got busy having fun and then forgot to take pictures...sigh...

I did get a couple at the beach and so did Mia, so I'll share what I've got!
 Here are all of the girls. From left to right: me, Esther, Judith, Mia, Bekah, and Naomi.
 Lots of sunning was going on, especially since the jelly fish were really bad. I have never seen that many come in at once. We had a few casualties of our own.
 The jelly fish made us look for lots of shells and beach goodies...
 And of course, there must be snacks!

Mia took these pictures and did a great job capturing the afternoon.
 Hayden
 Landry
 Aunt Bekah and Grace

 This was all of us scooping a jelly fish in the bucket and then trying to avoid the tentacles and get it to the trash.

There were some mad chess matches happening throughout the weekend.

We had a great time. I love my sisters and can't wait until we can do it again!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a blast! I'm jealous of everything except the jellyfish.