Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How Hannah Got Her Groove Back

This is the story about how Hannah got her groove back.

Does anyone else remember that movie?

The movie was How Stella Got Her Groove Back, not me. ;)

I actually never saw it...

Anyway, after lying around for a few days and feeling like I could never move again and having not an ounce of energy, I have brewed up my very favorite iced coffee recipe. With an iced coffee in one hand and a bottle of spray cleaner in the other, I am taking on the world today!

This is definitely one of my most favorite summer indulgences. It takes a full pound of coffee to make a batch, but considering that buying two coffees at a coffee shop is the monetary equivalent to making a full gallon of this nectar, it's definitely worth it. The quality of the coffee beans definitely contributes to the quality of your brew.
This scrumptious picture is from one of my favorite bloggers, The Pioneer Woman. We are kindred spirits. She just doesn't know it. :)

You can find her recipe here. This is how I first started making mine and she offers several variations and lots of gorgeous pictures to guide you along the way to finding coffee bliss.

Here are my very simple directions. I make mine a little stronger than she does.

This can be made two separate ways. Long ago, when I was the only one drinking iced coffee, I would make it in half batches. Now that my daughter has joined me in the obsession, I have to make a full batch. 

We are on a full caffeine buzz around here.

Okay, on to the directions.

  • Fill a large bowl with a gallon of water (1/2 a gallon for a half batch.)
  • Add a full pound of ground coffee beans to the water and stir with a wooden spoon making sure that the coffee mixes in with the water. (Half of the bag for a half batch.)
  • Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave on the counter for 12-24 hours. 
  • Strain the coffee grounds. (I actually use my coffee filter from the coffee maker and then just strain straight into my pitcher that is designated for my iced coffee in the fridge.)
  • And that's it! Add whatever you like to put in your coffee and enjoy!
You will thank me. Now I'm off to buzz around the house and do some DEEP cleaning. I think that I probably will need another coffee.

1 comment:

Mia P. said...

I want a cup this weekend!!!!