I felt like such a jerk this Halloween! Shane and I had been discussing what we were going to do and making sure that we had the kids costumes covered. We had talked about our plans using terms such as "we." For a little background, every year Shane is a part of a large event called Scaredy Cats that is held at LaGrave Field where the Fort Worth Cats play. It is usually hosted by the Hi-Kids organization that is based out of Greenbriar and Shane works a booth. Because of all of our little ones, this was the first year that I was actually going to attend. In the past, we have always sent the older two with Dad. Well anyway, when I got off work on Friday, I called Shane to find out what time he was going to be at the house and what the game plan was going to be. He started telling me where I should take the kids first and then what time to take them out to LaGrave Field. I immediately started to get upset because I hadn't realized that I was doing the whole trick or treat thing by myself. (How, I don't know since from the background I just gave you, he obviously works at it every year!) After I snapped at him and then calmed myself down, we got all ready for our Halloween fun. We trick or treated a couple of houses and then went out to the ball field. When we got out there, I realized that Shane wasn't running a booth, he was running the whole event! This was a huge event with tons of bounce houses, live music, games, and of course lots of candy. The evening even ended with a huge fireworks show!
All together, there were over 4,000 people at the field for the event. Here I am fussing because I have to take the kids by myself... I didn't feel like a very good wife after that!
Anyway, other than my selfish tantrum, we had a great night and the kids had a blast!
Grace was Little Red Riding Hood. Originally, Gibson was going to be the Big Bad Wolf, but at the last minute decided to go with Buzz Lightyear again this year. Hayden refused to pose with them in this picture...
He wanted his own... He realized for the first time this year that he was dressing up as something. He kept looking at himself and then at the Woody doll he was holding in his hand and saying, "I Woody!"
Here we are with our most favorite candy in the entire world: a sucker!
1 comment:
YOU---CLOSET blogger!!! I had no idea...I have LOTS of reading to do to get caught up on your adorable little family! Love you guys!
Post a Comment