Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Weasel shots

Gibson is sick this week and I mean really sick. There is some virus going around that has landed several children that we know in the hospital and my little Gib has it. He has a high fever, lots of stomach pain and aches, a very sore throat and congestion. I think that we are going back to the doctor tomorrow. He came down with it Sunday, we took him to the doctor on Tuesday and he said that if Gib wasn't drastically better by Thursday, bring him back. His fever is just getting higher...
Anyway, when Shane took him to the doctor on Tuesday, Gibson was very nervous that he was going to get a shot and he was pretty upset that we were even making him go. He kept telling Shane and our doctor that he did NOT want those "weasel shots." Shane kept trying to figure out what he was talking about and was having a hard time interpreting. When we got home, I asked Gib, "What is a weasel shot?" He answered, "You know, they put a weasel in your leg and give you a shot!" I finally realized that he was saying needle.

No comments: