According to Webster's:
Literally
1 In a literal sense or manner. Actually. Took the remark literally.
2 In effect. Virtually. Will literally turn the world upside down.
Literally
1 In a literal sense or manner. Actually. Took the remark literally.
2 In effect. Virtually. Will literally turn the world upside down.
The word literally has reached epic proportions around our house. I didn't realize the extent until Gibson came in a couple mornings ago and said:
"I literally walked into my room, literally picked up my shoes and literally found Landry's doll under the basket that had literally tipped over onto the floor."
After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I realized that we literally had a problem. I started to listen closely to other conversations that were happening around the house and realized that everyone is literally saying literally ALL THE TIME! (Including me...which is where this originated from I'm sure.)
As I'm delving into the possibility of other big, over-used words at our house, meet virtually and absolutely.
1 comment:
This post made me laugh out loud. The same thing happens in our house. "Actually" and "basically" are WAY overused!
Post a Comment