Saturday, June 11, 2011

We can ALL breathe!

This week has been a very different week from the week before. This week has been very relaxed. We have slowly unpacked boxes, unwound from the craziness that was last week and spent a lot of time in our new pool. Last week we were super busy. In addition to our regular daily gymnastics and school routines, it was the last week of school, full of extra programs and paperwork, and we packed our house and moved on the last day of school. I nearly had a full blown panic attack. I've decided that I can't stand that much excitement.

For those of you that follow our family through our blog, you probably have guessed that we were moving to the Houston area. Back in December, Shane came home telling me about a job that he was interested in applying for in the Houston area. I got on the teacher job boards and found a job in the area as well. Within a week, we both had job interviews. At the beginning of January, Shane moved to the area to start his job leaving us in Fort Worth to finish the school year. (I start my position in the fall.) The last five and a half months have definitely been a growing experience for our whole family. As with any growth, it's not always fun, and I am SO glad that we are done and are all together again! (I didn't think that it was a good idea to broadcast to the online world that we were without Shane, so I haven't mentioned that detail on our blog.)

So with that big announcement out of the way, we are embracing our new region of Texas with open arms and have already had a couple of adventures.

Before we left, we had a garage sale and our girls manned a lemonade stand. Landry did a whole lot more drinking than selling, but it was super cute!

No comments: