For a little while, I have struggled with photographing my cards for my website and for publication submissions. I have felt for awhile that the quality of the pictures has been holding me back. I could never seem to get the lighting just right. I would photograph outside on a tv tray and backdrop the cards with white paper, or the garage door. The problem with outside photography (in my expert opinion, ha!) is waiting for the right light, or light period if I was making something at night, and dealing with the wind blowing everything over. Very frustrating. Anyway, I had looked at other people's stuff and finally realized that they were using a light box. Genius. I priced a couple of them and they were around $100. Not so genius. Then I googled lightboxes and realized they are actually really easy to make. I found instructions for one, put it on my pinterest site, and last night, put it together. I used a flashlight as my light source and the kids as my light holders. Wonders never cease...IT WORKED! I have a great light box for FREE! :) (Excuse last night's dinner in the back corner.)
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
My new lightbox
I am so proud of myself I can hardly stand it. Get ready, because I am about to toot my own horn a smidge.
For a little while, I have struggled with photographing my cards for my website and for publication submissions. I have felt for awhile that the quality of the pictures has been holding me back. I could never seem to get the lighting just right. I would photograph outside on a tv tray and backdrop the cards with white paper, or the garage door. The problem with outside photography (in my expert opinion, ha!) is waiting for the right light, or light period if I was making something at night, and dealing with the wind blowing everything over. Very frustrating. Anyway, I had looked at other people's stuff and finally realized that they were using a light box. Genius. I priced a couple of them and they were around $100. Not so genius. Then I googled lightboxes and realized they are actually really easy to make. I found instructions for one, put it on my pinterest site, and last night, put it together. I used a flashlight as my light source and the kids as my light holders. Wonders never cease...IT WORKED! I have a great light box for FREE! :) (Excuse last night's dinner in the back corner.)
I know, I know... looks great, right?! ;)
Here is the difference that light box makes. I didn't even change exposure, contrast, anything! And I can easily change out backgrounds without trying to time the wind.
I'm a little excited! :)
For a little while, I have struggled with photographing my cards for my website and for publication submissions. I have felt for awhile that the quality of the pictures has been holding me back. I could never seem to get the lighting just right. I would photograph outside on a tv tray and backdrop the cards with white paper, or the garage door. The problem with outside photography (in my expert opinion, ha!) is waiting for the right light, or light period if I was making something at night, and dealing with the wind blowing everything over. Very frustrating. Anyway, I had looked at other people's stuff and finally realized that they were using a light box. Genius. I priced a couple of them and they were around $100. Not so genius. Then I googled lightboxes and realized they are actually really easy to make. I found instructions for one, put it on my pinterest site, and last night, put it together. I used a flashlight as my light source and the kids as my light holders. Wonders never cease...IT WORKED! I have a great light box for FREE! :) (Excuse last night's dinner in the back corner.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are so clever!!! I am way impressed!
Post a Comment