Thursday, August 11, 2011
Water Fights
With our big move, one of our main goals for our family has been to slow down and enjoy each other. For far too long, our schedules have been so crazy and packed that we have run our kids ragged and seem to catch each other coming and going. This summer, we made big efforts to clear the schedule and allow for spontaneous, relaxed fun. At first, the kids were reluctant, but who can resist a water balloon fight?!
Landry and Hayden were there mainly for moral support. Gib and Grace filled and tied off a LARGE number of balloons. The rules for the fight were that the older two had no safe zones. The two littles could hit anyone at anytime, but the two older ones could not hit the littles if they were in their safe zone. I only have pictures of the prep, because the actual fight was no-holds-barred. Shane and I were in the middle of it handing out balloons, pelting a few kids ourselves, and getting hit with lots of water. I was a little busy. ;)
Hayden was ready for the action to start. He was getting hot. See his red cheeks?
Gibson was in charge of tying off the balloons. I was impressed with his tying ability.
Landry was mischievous the whole time. She was picking up balloons prematurely and chucking them at everyone. It was a nice way to cool off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment