
Midway through the summer, we headed out to Cisco to spend some time with my mom and dad, aka Grandma and Grandpa, on the farm. It was hot, and we hibernated in the house during the hot afternoon, but it wasn't too bad in the morning. We hung out on the porch, explored the pastures, played in the sprinkler and enjoyed our time. We also got to see Ben, Dan, and Naomi while we were there, but I was busy visiting and didn't take any pictures.

My two oldest hanging out in the swing. (I was wishing that we had a swing.)

Gib, of course, renewed friendships with all the farm dogs and animals.

Grace and I were swinging. (This was my favorite spot.)

We took off with Grandma to the back 40. (Literally, it is the back 40 acres of the property.) It was really dry. I don't remember seeing everything so dry in years.

I was getting sentimental. I remember digging whatever makes these little holes by the hour when I was a kid.

This is actually the tank (or pond). It normally has water, but is completely dried up.

Mom and Dad made some great food while we were there. We had hamburgers, ice cream, french fries and cinnamon rolls.

Of course the little guys terrorized Aunt Judith. She was a good sport.

Lucy (the dog) had fun hanging out with the kids. Landry insisted that it was way too hot and she was inside. We enjoyed our visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment