Thursday, August 7, 2008
Love those doctors!
Today I took all four kids to the pediatrician's office by myself. We were getting our before school checkups. I had thought previously that Grace and Gib were both caught up on all of their shots and that this would just be a regular checkup. Boy was I wrong! First of all, our pediatrician (we've been there for a year) is so much better than our previous office. They did hearing and vision screenings in addition to everything else. I was impressed! Anyway, we got in there and Gib decided right as the doctor came in that he had to pee (story of my life!). The doctor walked him down the hall to the bathroom and on the way down there, Gib informed him that he didn't really need a checkup, he was fine. When he got back to the room, we found out that Gib had to have five shots and Grace had to have two. Grace immediately started crying and freaking out, Gib was clueless. When the nurse came in for the shots, Gib hopped up on the table thinking we were about to play another one of the "games" that we had played earlier. I told him as he was leaning back that he was going to have just a little "ouchy." His face went from smiling and happy, to a look of horror, to screaming bloody murder in the span of about two seconds. Meanwhile, Grace was crouched in the corner screaming and crying at the top of her lungs. Hayden was pushing himself into the chair, trying to blend in and hoping that nobody noticed him and Landry was playing with the blocks on the floor and completely oblivious to everything. Of course when Grace got on the table she completely lost her mind. I'm sure that the other patients in the office assumed that a child was being murdered. After everyone was semi-calmed down, we did the walk of shame out of the office. I felt like I could have done with a stiff drink after that ordeal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow. Now that sounds like GOOD FUN! Next time, maybe Shane can do Doctor Duty. I think you have paid your dues...
You have no idea how encouraging it is to just have read your blog after the day I've had...you must read mine when you have a chance. You are completely super woman...I'm so overwhelmed with two! You just have to laugh to get through it.
Been there! Done that! Vivid memories!
Oh man! I thought it was bad when we had to do Blair's 5 shot appt. We had to have 2 nurses to hold her down and give a shot. It was insane. The walk of shame....I do not look forward to doing that one again.
I have definately had those doctor moments, too. Isn't that fun? ;) Thanks for creating this..it is fun to read about the Mize world. I miss you. :(
Post a Comment