Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hard Heads


This is the latest in crazy head injuries and nasty looking bruises from my children (mainly Gibson.)

We pulled into the drive from church on Sunday morning and Gibson jumped out of the car and was racing to the door to be first, tripped and slammed into the brick step at the front door. It immediately looked like this and we were thankful that it didn't break the skin. I'm pretty sure that if it had, we would have been in the ER for stitches.

Landry was afraid that she might be left out. Last night she climbed the ladder to the bunk bed before I could catch her. (She has already fallen off of the top bunk, so we keep the ladder off of the bed when we are home and it's not bed time.) I was trying to get her off and she leaned over to smile at me and caught her head with the ceiling fan (it was on). She hit it so hard that the light bulb blew out. Of course, there were lots of tears. We just added that bruise to the others that are already on her forehead. My kids live hard!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Holy moly! Never a boring time at the Mize house!

texasmacks said...

YOWZERS! I can't believe he didn't need stitches for that!