When Shane came back from Salt Lake City, he brought everyone little gifts. Mine was a wonderful box of chocolates from a local chocolate studio (yes, I know, normally you would say store, but these are like little works of art) that have been delicious! I have hoarded and savored them, eating one just every now and then, so that they would last. My kids have asked for me to share, but since they eat their boogars and think those are good, there is NO WAY that I am sharing my little works of art with them and their screwed up palettes!
We had the sliding door open while the kids were bouncing outside, and Shane was sitting next to the door on the computer. I was taking advantage of the kids not being in the room to enjoy a chocolate. Gibson, while bouncing outside, saw that I was eating a chocolate and started talking to us from the trampoline.
Gib: "Hey, Mom! Is that one of those chocolates that you won't share?"
Me: "Mmmhmm."
Gib: "Can I have a bite?"
Me: "No."
Gib: "Dad! Mom won't let us have even one of those chocolates!"
Dad: "Sorry, dude."
Gib: (with his face completely smashed into the net around the trampoline and the most pitiful expression that you can make with a smushed nose) "It's called friendship, Mom. It's called friendship..."
1 comment:
Holy cow I just laughed SO hard!!
Post a Comment