Thursday, October 8, 2009

My adventurer


Every night is an adventure with Landry, but last night seemed more of one than normal. Just this last week, she has jumped off of the kids' top bunk, completely ripped up a book (thankfully, not one from the library), blacked her eye and busted her chin. I have wandered from last night... We left school, dropped Gracie at gymnastics and as soon as we were home, the boys headed for the backyard. Landry sneaked out there with them and before I had found her she had gotten into the dog's water bowl and of course all of the mud around the bowl. She was filthy! She had mud and water all over her shoes, pants, shirt, face, etc. I caught her at the door and pulled off her shoes and pants. Meanwhile, the boys were having some crisis and as I was dealing with them, Landry disappeared. I walked into our bathroom to discover her sitting in the sink (as pictured above). She had opened the cabinet door and used the cabinet as a stool and then dragged herself up to the top (quite impressive, really). She was happily squirting soap all over her legs and hands, when I walked in on her. (As Shane says, we must appreciate her independent spirit.) Of course, I took off her shirt (what wasn't covered in mud, was now slimy with soap), fussed at her and cleaned her up. She went into the other room and I went off to work on something else. Not 10 minutes later, I found her crying in my room where she had tried to get up in the sink again and had fallen. I picked her up and comforted her and while in the bathroom, I glanced next to the toilet and noticed that Gibson's pants were on the floor. (This is not uncommon. Usually, as soon as we hit the door in the evening, Gibson rips off everything but his underwear and shirt.) We left and I shut the door. Shane came home a little while later and walked into our bathroom. He immediately began screaming my name and of course I came running. (How I missed this, I don't know...) Evidently, when Landry went to the bathroom the second time, she was playing in the toilet (Gibson had pee-pee-ed and didn't flush) and splashed water (and pee-pee) from the toilet EVERYWHERE! Some of the floor was nearly floating... Of course, this called for drastic disinfecting measures including mopping all of the floor, bathing one disgusting child, cleaning the rest of the bathroom, and thanking God that in all of His infinite wisdom he made humans completely washable.

1 comment:

Leah said...

oh lordy. your kids are hilarious! their antics always make me giggle.