Monday, March 29, 2010

A beautiful day in the neighborhood...


Saturday was such a beautiful day! I went for a run, Gibson headed out for his t-ball game, and the rest of us headed to the front yard for some time in the dirt and sunshine! Landry picked every flower in the yard and brought me lots of bouquets. Unlike her brothers, who always give me the flowers, she was keeping them for herself.

Grace was busy with Landry and making sure that she stayed in the yard and out of the road.

Hayden was finding bugs and sticks and stuff.

Landry was helping me plant tomato plants and this was her station. It was a bit of a mess.

I bought some tomato plants and am hoping that we might have some fresh, ripe tomatoes this summer. Our neighbor was telling me that the squirrels ate all of his last summer. I'm hoping that maybe they have lost their appetite this summer. We'll see. We might have a little war.
Regardless, we enjoyed being outside. This is one of my favorite times of year!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I got one of those hanging tomato plant things yesterday. I am anxious to get them planted and see how it works. Let me know what happens with your tomatoes.