Saturday, March 20, 2010

Open House 2010

We recently had our spring open house at school. Open houses are always really fun and important to the kids and a huge pain in the rear for the teachers and parents. I just happen to be both. The kids are always super excited to show off everything that they have been working on and want to show off where they spend their day. I had to stay in my room and greet other parents and students, so Shane toured the kids' classrooms and spoke with their teachers. Of course, Grace is doing well again at school this year and has made commended on all of her benchmarks. TAKS testing is this next month, so we are confident that she will do well this year, whew! Gibson is also doing well and learning to read. Math comes easily to him and he is progressing very well. His class sang a few songs for the parents, so I sneaked out of my room to go and watch him.


This is Hayden sitting with his friend, Kamen. Kamen's mom is the little ones' sitter, so these two see A LOT of each other! :)

Here were my lovely, tired, children waiting for the show to start.


This was Gib's class (he's in the dual language program, so everything that they do is combined with another class) singing one of their songs. I didn't record much of it, since I was so far away, but they are very cute.

No comments: