Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What a day!

Well, we are currently into the second week of school. So far, everything has been going really well and the kids have been enjoying school, but we had a killer day today... Gibson would not go to sleep last night (he was doing the whole "I have to pee. I have to get a drink. I have to tell you something." trick.) When he woke up this morning, he was in the worst mood and Shane said before he left, "This kid is going to have a bad day!" Well those words couldn't have been more prophetic! By lunchtime, I was informed that Gibson had been walking around with his shirt almost completely off and hanging around his neck and had to be threatened with coming to see me before he would fix it. Then at naptime, he shoved a rock so far up his nose that they were getting ready to drag him down to the nurses' office. They finally blew that out. Then to top off the day, the whole school is doing a coin drive for a Sept. 11 memorial, and Gibson took a bunch of the coins out of the bag and was carrying them off in his pocket. He then told his teacher, when she caught him, that he was on his way to give them to her. When Gib got home, he met the wrath of his father. Many spankings and much crying later, he and Dad sat down at the table and wrote an apology to Mrs. Borg. Here's to a better day tomorrow!

Meanwhile, on a much better note... Hurricane Gustav has just about kicked this poor little family's booty! I know that people have been kicked out of their homes and are living in shelters, blah, blah blah, but let's focus on us for a minute! (JK) Shane has been working some killer hours as the site manager for a shelter at Greenbriar since Friday night. He coordinated all of the schedules, provisions, and general details needed all day Saturday and Sunday and the guests arrived Sunday night. Needless to say, he has been a little stressed and he and his staff are worn out and tired. We found out tonight that the guests are going home tomorrow! I don't know who is more excited, the Louisiana residents or me! Anyway, a less hectic schedule is on it's way!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Aww... Poor Gibson. I know, I wouldn't be thinking that if he were my child. But, they have bad days just like we do. Unfortunately, their bad days usually become our bad days, too. No fun for everyone!