Monday, June 15, 2009

A.K. "Big Gun"

Uncle Noah, Aunt Mia, and Uncle Ben all came out to the farm for dinner while we were there. After a great dinner of steak and rolls, the guys, including Uncle Tom, all headed out to the pasture to sight in a couple of their guns. Gibson was so disappointed to see them go without him, that Aunt Mia and I took Hayden and Gibson out to the pasture to watch the action. Uncle Noah let the boys shoot his big AK something. That thing was LOUD!

Here was Hayden after his first shot. This is actually a little bit of a delayed reaction. His first face was one of shock and he immediately messed his pants, literally!

Gibson was eating it up! He got to collect a bunch of shotgun shells from the ground and another collection has been born. After the boys took their turn, Noah insisted that I shoot as well. According to him, everyone should know how to shoot as you never know when you might need it. I think that I am going to need a little more practice. I think that I only hit the target twice. That probably had a lot to do with my eyes being shut every time that I squeezed the trigger.

1 comment:

Mia P. said...

HA!! So much fun! Except for the
3-pound mosquitoes that were trying to eat us.