Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Habla espanol? (or maybe it's hablamos?)
I love that my kids are watching Dora and screaming out the answers in Spanish! Those tricky educational Dora writers... Grace is already in the dual language program at school and Gibson has been accepted into the program for this coming year. They rotate English and Spanish speaking days every other day. (My dual language friends are probably shaking their heads as I explain this program...oh well!) They also partner English and Spanish speakers together so that they translate for each other, although this next year for Grace there is no translation. She is a little nervous. Reading and math are always in the home language. Anyway, back to Dora... I am happy that they are getting a little bit of Spanish since I speak nada. (Although, after this last year, I am getting to the point that I understand a lot of what is being said. I can't speak it back, but I know what they are talking about.) Once again, I have wandered... Dual language classes here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment