
This picture is actually from June, but I had to include it. We had a big joint birthday celebration and Gibson got to have a cake made by Aunt Betty. She made it to look like Gib's snake, Buttercup. I have to say, this cake was mighty tasty! If you are interested in seeing more of Betty's work, check her out here.
Our holiday weekend was pretty low key this year. We hung around the house and gave Shane a much needed and deserved break from summer day camp. Our weekend included some homemade ice cream, a trip to see Toy Story 3, popping "poppers" on the patio and a bunch of swimming. We kicked off our July 4th weekend with a picnic lunch and a trip to the pool. The best part of the day was that it rained while we were swimming and that made for all kinds of fun! I do have to say that this has been one of the most enjoyable summers, weather-wise, that I ever remember having. I just can't get over the mild heat, all of the rain, and tons of green grass!

The boys were having tons of fun in the water.


This child has absolutely no fear. She was jumping in from the side and letting Dad throw her. She thinks that she can swim and so far is the bravest of all of our children.
She was trying out the snorkeling gear.
Grace has turned into a pretty good swimmer this year and was having lots of fun doing gymnastics tricks in the water.
Then came the rain. At first, we all ran for cover (except for Dad), then we decided it looked pretty fun!

I was disappointed that these turned out blurry. Talk about a scrapper's dream! Good content, colorful props, I screwed it up...

Hayden, of course, had a small meltdown. The rain was out of his control and was getting on him. Heaven forbid!

The rain passed...
and we found THESE in the pool filter!

My trusty bug man took care of the situation.
Believe it or not, I really was there! I had to take this picture to prove it. Hope that you had a happy fourth!
No comments:
Post a Comment