Sunday, February 6, 2011

Up the nose

I don't know what it is about the men of my little family and their obsession with putting things in their noses, but they can all claim that they have. When Shane was about two or three, he shoved a sponge up his nose. Family members could smell a terrible smell, and couldn't figure out what it was. Evidently, he stunk so bad that no one wanted to hold him. Off to the doctor they went, the doctor went hunting and pulled out a stinky mess.

When Gib was in prek, while he was supposed to be napping, he was playing with a rock. He hid it up his nose and then couldn't get it out. Off to the nurse he went. Thankfully, it came out easily.

Last night, we were enjoying family movie night when suddenly Hayden jumped up and ran for his dad screaming, "There's a lego in my nose! I can't get it out!" As Shane grabbed him, I ran for a pair of tweezers. Meanwhile, Hayden was snorting. We were afraid that he was going to snort it right up into his brain! Shane was trying to talk him through his panic attack and told him to "blow out." Hayden opened his mouth and breathed, "Ahh..." Not exactly what we had in mind. Thankfully, it came out easily and we avoided a visit to the ER. Now all of them have participated in this little ritual and I'm hoping that no one else decides to become part of this little club! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, goodness! I haven't had that motherly experience. I'm not jealous. :)